Dressed in her official tiara and sash, Bailey will discuss the history and events surrounding the Indianapolis 500, and will hold a Q&A session to answer audience-members’ questions. This should be a very interesting and informative presentation on subject that is near and dear to most Hoosiers’ hearts.
So start your engines early for “Indy Season” and join us for what is sure to be an enjoyable and informative afternoon. We invite you, your family and friends, and anyone with an interest in the 500 to attend.
with special guest, 500 Festival Princess Bailey Troutman.
Saved By Typing’s Celebration of Communication.
500 Festival Princess Program
According to the 500 Festival website:
“The 500 Festival Princess Program celebrates Indiana’s most civic-minded, poised, academically driven young women… Serving as a 500 Festival Princess provides young women with once-in-a-life-time experiences and countless opportunities for leadership and professional development. Since the program’s founding in 1959, more than 1,800 Indiana women have experienced the honor of being selected as a 500 Festival Princess.”
As ambassadors of the 500 Festival, princesses play a critical role in the execution of the 500 Festival’s mission to produce life-enriching events and programs while celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500 and fostering positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana.
In addition to the opportunity to serve as an ambassador for the 500 Festival, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana, each 500 Festival Princess will receive a $1,000 scholarship to assist with educational expenses, as well as various other perks that come with the position.
For more information, including a list and brief profile of all 33 500 Festival Princesses for 2016, read the Indystar article, “2016 500 Festival Princesses Announced”.
For more information about the 500 Festival Princess Program, including selection process, eligibility, and duties of a princess, click here.
2016 500 Festival Events
2016 is a very special year for Indy race fans. It is the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, the world’s largest single-day sporting event, the 60th anniversary of the 500 Festival Parade, and the 40th running of the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon, one of the premiere half-marathons in the country.
A number of 500 Festival events take place during the month of May that both local residents and visitors are encouraged to take part in:
- The OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon takes place in Downtown Indianapolis on Saturday, May 7 at 7:30 a.m.
- The Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day, Indiana’s largest free outdoor festival for kids, takes place around Monument Circle on Saturday, May 14 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- In conjunction with the Kids’ Day festivities, the Chase 500 Festival Rookie Run will start at 10:30 AM that morning. All kids, ages 3-10, are invited to join us for the Chase 500 Festival Rookie Run. It’s a non-competitive fun run where everyone goes away a winner.
- The 500 Festival Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc., will be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Plaza Pavilion on Saturday, May 21 from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Enjoy a hearty Hoosier breakfast and hear from racing legends like Unser, Rutherford, and Mears.
- The KeyBank 500 Festival Snakepit Ball takes place at the Indiana Roof Ballroom in downtown Indianapolis on Sat, May 28 at 6:00 pm. Each year, this legendary race weekend party boasts an entertainment lineup of nationally recognized performers.
- The 2016 IPL 500 Festival Parade will be held on May 28, on the eve of the Indianapolis 500. The 500 Festival Parade allows all spectators to witness the pageantry and larger-than-life floats light up the streets of downtown Indianapolis.
Use This Form to Register for Our Next Celebration on February 20th, 2016 at 4:00 PM.